Managed IT Services In Toronto
For most business owners in Toronto, the term managed services and the concept behind it is still somewhat enigmatic. Therefore, when looking for an information technology company to take over their network and provide much-needed services, they often have a difficult time even knowing where to begin. In many cases, they also have difficulty understanding or articulating which services they need.
As we speak, you may find yourself in this particular situation. Whether you have been running a small business or manage a law prominent law firm in Toronto, you have recently discovered that you are growing beyond your current network, but do not know who to trust with your data and your equipment or which provider has the right service for your business.
Below, we cover the essentials — what to look for in managed IT services Toronto providers. These are the elements of an IT company that helps businesses like yours utilize technology to increase productivity and grow your organization.
If you have any further questions or want to know more about the benefits of outsourced managed IT services in Toronto, then contact Checksum Systems today. We are here to help.
Establishing Your Criteria
Before you pick up the phone and begin searching for a managed IT service, you first need to determine why you are picking up the phone.
Ask these simple questions:
- Why are you contacting a managed IT service?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- What is it about your current setup that is not meeting your needs?
For instance, you may have recently discovered that your entire network either keeps crashing or is operating slower than it should. Or, you walk down the hall of your business and notice how frustrated your employees are at the constant problems that arise with their current technology. Or, worse, you just suffered from a costly network security breach, and you keep asking yourself how it happened.
Regardless of why contacting a managed IT service, you need to establish what you hope to benefit from it.
- Faster network speeds and high-performing equipment
- Less IT distractions that allow your team to be more productive
- Technology that allows your company to compete with industry leaders
- Practical solutions for spending less money on technology
- A more advanced system that doesn’t hinder business growth
- A more secure network that doesn’t compromise your employees or customers
Once you establish why you are contacting a managed IT service Toronto company, then you need to have a better understanding of what managed IT is and what an outsourced provider does.
Managed IT Services: Your Best Technology Solutions
As the term implies, managed IT services are IT companies that assume all or partial responsibility for your information technology including hardware, software, equipment, setup, maintenance, security, efficiency, and productivity.
Basically, if it exists anywhere inside your network, then a managed IT company in Toronto can handle it (or at least they should).
There is a distinction that we need to make between managed IT companies and repair or fix-it companies. This distinction is important because it can help narrow what it is you are looking for.
In the past, IT companies were nothing more than glorified computer repair companies that offered on-site services instead of in-house. The IT company may provide some setup services and occasionally show up to see if your system needed any upgrades. However, their primary function was to be there when you needed the occasional computer repair or a solution for the glitch in your network.
Times have changed.
Small and mid-size businesses require more from managed IT services which offer a proactive approach to IT. Whereas basic IT companies offer more reactive services (repair, disaster relief), managed IT companies find ways to prevent issues from happening while also providing solutions for helping you utilize technology to help your business grow.
See the difference in these approaches?
So, when you are looking for managed IT services, you need to distinguish between IT companies that just solve the occasional problem and managed IT services Toronto companies that offer real answers for transitioning you from where you are to where you truly want to be.
Valuable Services That Checksum System Provides
As a managed IT service provider in Toronto, Checksum Systems has spent significant time and effort in creating services that meet our clients’ needs. Since we work with a wide range of businesses including law firms, healthcare providers, warehouse & distribution centers, and small/medium businesses, we offer a more extensive range of services to suit different business models.
We offer these managed IT services to target the critical areas of your business where protection, productivity, and profitability matter the most.
- Network management. We handle your entire network and secure your data. This includes all hardware and software, cabling, infrastructure setup, security, communication, remote services, and cloud services. Our entire managed IT package is designed to ensure your business continuity with zero disruptions.
- Cloud services. We simplify your organizational processes and give your employees a singular platform to communicate, share data, and collaborate in real-time. Cloud services allow all users to access information and use applications on any device from anywhere in the world.
- Cybersecurity. In today’s volatile market, you can’t afford to leave your network vulnerable and open to hacks or cyber attacks. With all the phishing, malware, spyware, trojans, and virus on the Internet, we offer a multi-layered network security strategy that shields your data and protects your employees and customers.
- Communication. Now is the time to abandon your old telephone system and replace it with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). By turning your voice signal into digital data, you can completely transform your communication experience. Instead of using old phone machines, complicated wiring, and paying for additional features, you can reduce your phone system to a headset and an app. And you don’t pay extras for onboard features that used to cause your phone bill to skyrocket?
Are You Ready for Managed IT Services In Toronto?
If your outdated technology is holding your business back and costing you money, then discover what a managed IT services Toronto company can do you for your entire organization. Checksum Systems offer reliable network support for all areas of your IT.
We are here to help you grow your business and solidify your IT infrastructure. To schedule a consultation with one of our experts, call us today at (416) 254-4448. You can also fill out a form on our contact page.