Network Security Specialists For Toronto Law Firms
With increasing threats of malicious hackers and malware, Toronto lawyers need to be vigilant in protecting sensitive data and personal information. Learn more here.
Hacking, ransomware and malware can affect any business. Every industry, including the legal profession, is a target for hackers and cyber criminals. Global businesses and government offices have been significantly affected by malicious actors causing billions of dollars in damages and downtime. It’s important for Toronto lawyers to have a reliable IT services firm focused on serving law offices in Toronto.
Is There Significant Risk for Toronto Law Firms?
The nature of what lawyers do means handling numerous files filled with highly sensitive and confidential client information, making law offices a rich target for hackers. In recent years, lawyers are working from remote locations, from home, court, conference rooms, and sometimes using personal devices which may not be part of your secured IT network. And simultaneously, barristers are being required by laws governing the security of their IT networks and data held within. Clients are demanding that their legal representatives meet high standards for data security.
What is the Best Way to Secure Data at Toronto Law Firms?
Many managed IT and network security companies specialize in working with specific industries, yet help for law firms for managing cyber security, reducing cyber-related risks, and addressing data breaches are rare. And some network security companies that claim they work with lawyers don’t have the expertise to secure all of your sensitive data.
Checksum Systems is different. With the experience and expertise in network security for law firms, this Toronto-based IT firm knows how to keep your law office’s important data safe and compliant with any regulations needed.
It’s not just threats from outside your law firm that cause you concern. Many law firms face serious threats from the internal espionage of disgruntled employees attempting to steal policy and procedure information to start practices of their own built off the back of your hard work. — CheckSum
Checksum is familiar with all areas of lawyers’ security concerns including professional liability and risk management, class action defence, insurance law practices, and legal malpractice defence. Checksum has extensive history and practice of protecting data from business and commercial litigation, intellectual property and technology, and commercial transactions. Our Cyber Security Team for Law Firms has the experience and comprehensive tools to help law offices protect their data, and prevent or limit any exposure to breaches in cyber security. And if the breach has occurred, successfully routing them and complying with relevant regulations.
What Services Can Help Avoid a Data Breach?
Checksum can install or update your IT security system to maximize data protection against malicious actors using the following services:
- Compliance counselling and breach prevention
- Reviewing and evaluating your law firm’s data inventory and current protections, including existing vendor agreements and sensitive/confidential information
- Reviewing, evaluating and updating privacy and security policies for:
- Cloud computing and storage
- Email and WiFi
- Mobile device management and ”bring your own device” (BYOD)
- Network security
- Physical security
- Privacy notices and policies
- Reviewing and providing advice on cyber-related insurance policies
- Reviewing and evaluating data destruction and disposal practices
- Evaluating existing cyber-related liability coverage and options
- Preparing incident response plans and evaluating existing plans
- Counselling on ethical, privacy and data security considerations
- Coordinating security, forensic and incident response vendors
- Coordinating vulnerability and penetration testing, assessing outcomes and developing remediation strategies
- Developing and providing education and training for lawyers and employees