Last updated April 2020
If your legal entity has an agreement with ISM Grid to provide the Services (“Customer”), this Privacy Notice is incorporated by reference in your Master Service Agreement (“MSA”). Your use of Services under the MSA is subject to this Privacy Notice. Unless otherwise defined in the Privacy Notice, capitalized terms have the meaning given in the MSA.
ISM Grid is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain personal data by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
ISM Grid may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Scope of this Privacy Notice
Information That You Provide Us
Information That We Collect from You on our Website
Information Collected from Third-Party Sources
How We Use Information That We Collect
How we Protect Personal Data
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Sharing Your Personal Data
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
How to Contact ISM Grid
1. Scope of this Privacy Notice
With the exception of Account Information and other information we collect in connection with your registration or authentication into our Services, this Privacy Notice does not apply to our security and privacy practices in connection with your access to and use of ISM Grid Services. These security and privacy practices are detailed in and governed by our and our Master Service Agreement, available here, or such other applicable agreement between you and ISM Grid relating to your access to and use of such Services (collectively referred to as the “MSA”).
2. Information That You Provide Us
Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Customers during the registration process is used to manage the Customers’ Account (such as for billing purposes). ISM Grid may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal data Customers provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Customers). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell ads that appear on our website or other sites.
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide us through the website, for example when you request a free trial or demo, request information about our products or services, register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers).
3. Information That We Collect From You on our Website
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our website. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, and system configuration information. Occasionally, we connect personal data to information gathered in our log files as necessary to improve our website and personalize your content. In such a case, we would treat the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We collect analytics information when you use our website to help us improve the website and related content. We may also share anonymous data about your actions on our website with third-party service providers of analytics services.
4. Information Collected from Third-Party Sources
We may also obtain information, including personal data, from third parties, e.g., when you request a free trial or demo of our Services, register for a ISM Grid webinar or download ISM Grid content (e.g. whitepapers) or download or request information related to or similar to our Services from a third-party website. We may combine that with information we collect through our website.
5. How We Use Information That We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you (including personal data, to the extent applicable) for a variety of purposes, including to:
- provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote our Services;
- enable you to access and use the Services;
- process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- send promotional communications, by email or by phone, such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, special offers, contests, events and other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- customize the website according to your interests
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the websites and Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- personalize the website and Services, including by providing features or advertisements that match your interests and preferences; and
- for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
6. How we Protect Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process. We have built our website using industry-standard encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of personal data.
We also use technological measures such as secure routers and firewalls to help protect personal data. Information collected through the website is encrypted before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, because of its nature, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of personal data transmitted over the Internet.
If, despite all our efforts, a data breach does occur, we shall do everything in our power to limit the damage. In case of a data breach which is likely to result in a high risk, and depending on the circumstances, we will inform you about remedial actions to prevent any further damage. We always inform the relevant supervisory authority or authorities without undue delay.
7. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Help you in navigation on our website, improve your browsing experience and personalize content and ads;
- Help you in opening an account, service subscription, registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our website and improve our content;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising)
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal data about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Our website is scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible. You can find our current cookie declaration here. We classify cookies in four (4) categories:
- Necessary: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preferences: Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistics: Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA) you can change or withdraw your consent for each cookie category (except necessary cookies) by clicking on the “Cookie Declaration” link below:
We also use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, to better understand your use of our website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the website, what pages they visit and what other sites they used prior to visiting.
8. Sharing Your Personal Data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may share and disclose your personal data in the following limited circumstances:
Vendors, consultants and other suppliers
We may disclose your personal data to our vendors, consultants or suppliers whom we engage to perform services on our behalf in connection with the purposes identified above. In such cases, our vendors, consultants or suppliers will be obligated to use that personal data only in accordance with our specific instructions and in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. These companies include, for example, our payment processing providers, marketing automation provider, website analytics companies, product feedback or help desk software providers, Chat platform providers, CRM service providers, email service providers and others.
We may disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
9. International Transfers
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws.
You may request details of personal data which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any personal data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any personal data found to be incorrect.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
For information on how to opt out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies), for individuals from the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the Cookie Declaration of this Privacy Notice.
11. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). How long we retain your personal data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process your data. If we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
12. How to Contact ISM Grid
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about ISM Grid’s Privacy commitments or practices. You may contact us at email@example.com or at our mailing address below:
ISM Grid Corp.
Attn: Legal Council
161 Bay St. Suite 2700